Software Development Intern
Are you looking to expand your programming skills while learning about the software industry through a summer software development opportunity? If so, please read on.
Founded in 2013, we are a fast-growing SaaS start-up providing a lean retail management solution to our medium and large omnichannel customers. Our Lean Retail Engine™, the only truly integrated retail technology stack, empowers clients to optimize their resources, improve operations, and delight their customers. Our unified platform includes chain-wide data analysis and reporting, inventory and vendor management, logistics, POS/back office, website/e-commerce/web distribution, loyalty/promotions, and more. We are a full-service partner, providing a hosted solution, touch-screen enabled devices used across our client organizations, and the ongoing consulting and support to ensure their success.
About this Position:
FieldStack is delighted to offer paid summer software internships at our home office in Portland, ME. Interns at FieldStack are highly interactive with staff and spend the summer learning about and contributing to the software stack through code work on a variety of projects. In addition, interns will learn about best practices and industry standards.
Our backend is written in t-SQL running on SQL Server 2017. The web applications are written using the ASP.NET MVC5 framework. Our desktop application uses .NET 4.6 WinForms (C#). Our search server is written in Java hosted on a Jetty webserver.
- Any number of things — depends on where your skills are the strongest.
- Could be UX for the FieldStack POS.
- Could be MVC development for the ecommerce platform.
- Could be EDI related coding.
- Could be t-SQL related coding.
- Could be Java and/or search related coding.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Suggested Experience and Job Requirements:
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming required.
- Some mix of the following is a plus: MVC5, C#, WinForms, Lucene, t-SQL, jQuery, AJAX, CSS, HTML, Razor script, etc.
- If you love math, that’s a plus.
- Nice to have: experience with Git, UIs, Azure Cloud/AWS, and automated/manual/unit testing.
In addition to providing a collaborative, supportive, and relaxed work environment, we offer a competitive compensation package.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary: Commensurate with relevant experience.
- Health Insurance
- Flexible PTO
We take pride in hiring the person, not the position. If you’re not a perfect fit for this specific position, that might be ok. If you have excellent skills, talent, and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send resume and cover letter to “jobs at FieldStack dot com” with desired position and salary requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!
FieldStack is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.