Technical Support Manager
Are you an experienced Technical Support Manager who can operate tactically and think strategically? If you have technical supervisory experience in a SaaS or technical product/platform company and are interested in joining an innovative and successful early-stage company, please read on.
Founded in 2013, we are a fast-growing SaaS start-up providing a lean retail management solution to our medium and large omnichannel customers. Our Lean Retail Engine™, the only truly integrated retail technology stack, empowers clients to optimize their resources, improve operations, and delight their customers. Our unified platform includes chain-wide data analysis and reporting, inventory and vendor management, logistics, POS/back office, website/e-commerce/web distribution, loyalty/promotions, and more. We are a full-service partner, providing a hosted solution, touch-screen enabled devices used across our client organizations, and the ongoing consulting and support to ensure their success.
About this Position:
As a Technical Support Manager, your primary responsibility is to build and support a highly motivated technical support team and ensure an excellent client experience. In this position, you will provide effective team management that delivers exemplary support through every client interaction. You will be comfortable operating tactically while thinking strategically.
- Resolve very complex problems requiring high level technical expertise and business acumen
- Analyze support cases to isolate issues or trends and provide reporting to leadership with solutions that could minimize concerning patterns
- Track support activity and manage workload for the technical support team
- Provide oversight and training to ensure individual and team proficiency
- Manage high priority client cases and situations
- Collaborate with Account Management on direct client communications as needed
- Participate in and manage on-call rotation for after-hours support emergencies (the following Tuesday after an on-call week will be granted as PTO)
- Communicate with Product Management and Product Development on product requests, reliability and any maintenance issues that impact clients
- Elevate and develop technical support staff for effective employee training, coaching, mentoring and daily case quality activities
- Contribute to the department attainment of organizational objectives and high client satisfaction
- Ensure department processes are followed and if applicable recommend and implement new or improved processes and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA’s):
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a product support, development or troubleshooting capacity, SaaS experience preferred.
- Advanced experience with performing t-SQL commands using SSMS.
- Experience with C#, HTML and CSS.
- Ability to create and write complex procedures.
- Experience with various operating systems.
- Retail experience is beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks across a team.
- Thorough understanding of, or the ability to quickly learn about, the product.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Business Acumen
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in related field, which may include Computer Science, Business, or Engineering, required and at least 7 years of related experience or combination of experience and education
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
In addition to providing a collaborative, supportive, and relaxed work environment, we offer a competitive compensation package.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary: Commensurate with relevant experience.
- Health Insurance
- Flexible PTO
We take pride in hiring the person, not the position. If you’re not a perfect fit for this specific position, that might be ok. If you have excellent skills, talent, and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
Please visit the listing and apply on Indeed here.
FieldStack is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.