Our software and services are the primary tools that our clients use to run their businesses — and it is our job to make sure our software and services adapt to our client’s changing needs. The Systems Engineer at FieldStack is responsible for implementing and managing FieldStack’s hybrid systems architecture.
- Design, plan, establish and optimize server environments; cloud and co-lo.
- Troubleshoot server environments.
- Monitor and validate server performance, quality, and reliability.
- Establish and maintain the overall plans for executing all Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Schedule and lead all disaster recovery exercises.
- Review and recommend firewall configurations to secure internet-facing systems.
- Create manuals and support documentation.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience with Windows Server.
- Experience in MS Azure including migrations.
- Experience with Virtualization; Hyper-V preferred.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange.
- Microsoft PowerShell.
- Networking Experience: Firewalls, routers, VPN, DNS and DHCP.
- SQL Server Management.
- Sharp technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Accountable and takes ownership.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience with MS Azure Dev Ops.
- A commitment to the achievement of successful outcomes by “doing.”
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to minimize problem impacts on clients.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends on server installs and maintenance when needed.
We are a relaxed work environment. We offer a competitive three tiered compensation package with base pay, profit sharing, and benefits. Benefits include the following:
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Flexible schedules
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
We take pride in hiring the person, not the position. If you’re not a perfect fit for this specific position, that might be ok. If you have excellent skills, talent, and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send resume and cover letter to “jobs at FieldStack dot com” with desired position and salary requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!