SQL Server DBA
Our software and services are the primary tools that our clients use to run their businesses — and it is our job to make sure our software and services adapt to our client’s changing needs. The SQL Server DBA at FieldStack is responsible for implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of SQL Server systems, and will ensure the availability and performance of our applications.
- Manage SQL Server databases from development to critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of performance to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Enforce schema consistency across all databases.
- Produce and maintain SQL standards documentation and schema documentation and diagrams.
- Troubleshoot query slowness and find optimal indexes and explain plans for slow queries.
- Assist in data design and modeling.
- Perform performance tuning and monitoring.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues and problems
- Implement solutions for database backup and recovery infrastructure.
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 7+ years of database administration experience with Microsoft SQL.
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and optimization.
- Ability to design, install, configure, and secure Microsoft SQL Server 2017.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- A commitment to the achievement of successful outcomes by “doing.”
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to minimize problem impacts on clients.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
We are a relaxed work environment. We offer a competitive three tiered compensation package with base pay, profit sharing, and benefits. Benefits include the following:
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Flexible schedules
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
We take pride in hiring the person, not the position. If you’re not a perfect fit for this specific position, that might be ok. If you have excellent skills, talent, and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send resume and cover letter to “jobs at FieldStack dot com” with desired position and salary requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!