Our software and services are the primary tools that our clients use to run their businesses — and it is our job to make sure our software and services adapt to our client’s changing needs. The Release Manager at FieldStack is responsible for implementing and managing the release process for bringing enhancements into the production environment.
- Plan and manage all release activities.
- Maintain the release schedule, aligning with crucial company and client initiatives.
- Communicate release details and schedules within FieldStack.
- Monitor release process by interfacing with QA, Development, Operations and Product Management daily.
- Identify and manage risks that affect the scope, schedule, and quality.
- Understand the impact and risks involved in the release.
- Create and oversee release deployment and implementation plans.
- Create and maintain client-facing release notes.
- Conduct internal release readiness meetings to ensure all areas of FieldStack are prepared for the release.
- Utilize internal resources to diagnose and resolve technical and process issues.
- Provide feedback to product management.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and listening communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in a technology-based business, preferably in the retail sector.
- Experience in technical support and project management.
- Experience with writing and executing SQL queries and report writing.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Experience with MS Azure Dev Ops.
- A commitment to the achievement of successful outcomes by “doing.”
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to minimize problem impacts on clients.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Rotating after-hours on-call responsibility.
We are a relaxed work environment. We offer a competitive three tiered compensation package with base pay, profit sharing, and benefits. Benefits include the following:
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Flexible schedules
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
We take pride in hiring the person, not the position. If you’re not a perfect fit for this specific position, that might be ok. If you have excellent skills, talent, and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send resume and cover letter to “jobs at FieldStack dot com” with desired position and salary requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!